PEAKDEFI (PEAK) Token swap
MarketPeak has decided to rebrand the token name and exchange the MarketPeak (PEAK) token to a PEAKDEFI (PEAK) token.
It will be a 1:1 swap and it starts on October 15th
It’s been two years since the company started and with all the new experiences that have been gained over the years, the goals and visions of the company have changed. So there are several reasons why we have finally decided to go for a Token Swap. One is the brand name from MarketPeak to PEAKDEFI, which fits more to our future company structure and the PEAKDEFI ecosystem, the other reason is that the new token is more flexible and we have the possibility to program some more upgrades if this becomes necessary later. And last but not least, we lower supply from 10 Billion PEAK (old) to a total of 2 Billion PEAK (new), which excites more the community.
New Token contract:
(Do not send any PEAK to this contract! They will be lost!)
In this article we want to show you the 3 possibilities how to swap your old MarketPeak (PEAK) tokens to new PEAKDEFI (PEAK) tokens!
At the end of our guide, we will add a MetaMask Guide, so that you know how to use it safely as well.
1. Swapping on our MarketPeak platform and crypto exchanges
If you currently hold your PEAK token on our MarketPeak platform or different exchanges (Probit, Bibox, Coinsbit and p2pb2b), you do not need to do anything at all.
After the token swap, we will integrate the new PEAKDEFI (PEAK) tokens on our platform and every exchange and therefore the new withdrawals will automatically be made in PEAKDEFI (PEAK) tokens. So you don’t have to mind anything, when withdrawing your PEAK tokens.
Please keep in mind that in order to do the swap on the exchanges, they will restrict trading for our PEAK token for adays. After their swap, it will continue as usual.
2. For Non-Advanced User
If you already have MarketPeak (PEAK) token on your personal wallet, you can send them to our Ethereum address and we will return PEAKDEFI (PEAK) token to your address.
Our Ethereum address: 0x1a4A3f272a855F66C8f39A424575188Aa06e9A71
Please note: This is only possible if you send it from your own wallet.
Do NOT send MarketPeak (PEAK) tokens from an Exchange address to our Ethereum address, otherwise we will send the PEAKDEFI (PEAK) tokens back to the Exchange and they will probably be lost.
So if you are not very experienced, just send your MarketPeak (PEAK) token to the following Ethereum address and we will send you back PEAKDEFI (PEAK) tokens within 72h.
Please send them only to this address. If you send them to any other address, we won´t be able to help you.
3. Swapping on our Tokenswap landingpage
We have set up a landing page where you can easily exchange the MarketPeak (PEAK) tokens for PEAKDEFI (PEAK) tokens.
- Install MetaMask on your browser
- Prepare PEAK on your wallet
- Have some ETH on your wallet to be used as transaction fees
You will be required to submit 2 transactions in total (Approve -> Swap)
Please ensure the following before clicking on the APPROVE button:
- Your wallet is connected (your address is shown beside the CONNECT WALLET button) — if it doesn’t show, try to delete your browser’s cached data and refresh the page
- You have disabled ad blockers
- You have manually input the amounts you wish to swap without too many decimal places on the amounts
- You have checked the optimal gas fees on ethgasstation.info
1. Visit our Token Swap website at https://marketpeak.com/swap
2. Connect your MetaMask wallet by clicking connect
3. Enter the amount of MarketPeak (PEAK) you want to exchange
4. Click approve and confirm the transaction on the new pop-up window that has opened
And that’s it! You will now receive PEAKDEFI (PEAK) according to the transaction that you have just made.
As you can see, it is super easy to swap your MarketPeak (PEAK) tokens for PEAKDEFI PEAK tokens.
There are 3 super easy ways to swap your PEAK Token and if you have any questions or doubts, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
MetaMask Guide by Publicaio
If you are not familiar with MetaMask, here is a guide that we have been taking from Publicaio´s article.
In order to import an existing wallet to a MetaMask account, follow these simple step-by-step instructions. You will need to install the MetaMask extension for your favorite browser, import a wallet using private key or JSON file and add PBL tokens to the list.
Step 1. Install the MetaMask extension
- Open https://metamask.io website or search for “Metamask extension” in your favorite browser (you can install Metamask for Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers).
2. Click Add to Chrome to install MetaMask as Google Chrome extension (same as for other browsers).
3. Click Add Extension.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the MetaMask extension. Now, it is time to add your existing cryptocurrency wallet.
Step 2. Import a wallet to MetaMask
There are two ways how to export an existing account. If you have a seed words (mnemonic phrase) you can export your wallet straight away:
- Click on the icon in the upper right corner to open MetaMask extension, read and accept the terms. Click Continue.
- Click Import With Seed Phrase.
- Enter your wallets seed phrase (mnemonic phrase).
- Enter a strong password.
- Click Import.
You have successfully imported your wallet to MetaMask!
Alternative option — import a wallet using a private key or JSON file
If you have an existing wallet address but you don’t have a mnemonic phrase, you can import your wallet address to MetaMask using a private key or JSON file.
- After creating an account, click on the“Account” button in the upper right corner (see screenshots below).
- Click Import account.
- Select preferred entry type. If you want to import an account using your wallet’s private key, simply paste your private key string and click Import.
How to create a new wallet in MetaMask?
- When the extension is installed, click on the icon in the upper right corner to open the MetaMask, read the introductions and click Continue.
- Create a strong password and click Create.
4. Reveal secret words by clicking on the image. You will see a 12 words seed phrase. Copy your secret phrase and store it n a safe place. When ready click Next.
5. Confirm your Secret phrase by selecting words in the same order as in your secret phrase. Then click Confirm.
6. That’s it! You have successfully created an account in MetaMask with a wallet address!
Now you can view your address on Etherscan (Ethereum blockchain explorer), check the QR code, copy your wallet’s address to clipboard or export your wallet’s private key:
And that´s it! Now you know everything that is important to handle MetaMask in a safe and secure way.
If you enjoyed this article, follow us on our Twitter!